The kitchen, for most of us, is the heart of our home. No wonder you will often find yourself flipping through a home design magazine, or spending countless hours reading a kitchen remodeling blog. We all want to get the Chicago kitchen remodeling contractor to redesign the space with the latest trends to improve not just the appearance but also efficiency.
Much like fashion, kitchen designs change and evolve with time. What is trending now could be outdated in the next few months. Thankfully, we are here to bring you the latest updates regarding trending kitchen designs for 2023. And, as a bonus, you will also learn a few tips on how to choose the best one for your kitchen.
If you are considering kitchen remodeling in Chicago right now, here are the latest trends that might interest you:
The minimalist kitchen design trend is set to have a huge impact this year. The essence of such design, as the name suggests, is about keeping it simple, and clear, but not sacrificing functionality.
Minimalism encourages us to live with less while making the most of what we have. This is not only good for the kitchen but also our pockets!
However, you should understand that this doesn’t mean your kitchen has to lack your sense of personality. With a few carefully selected accessories, you can add warmth and character to your kitchen.
If you are ready to embrace minimalism in your next kitchen remodeling, here’s what to do:
- Declutter and get rid of unnecessary items to increase simplicity.
- Stick to simple color options to make the kitchen appear larger.
- Select high-quality kitchen appliances for durability and maximum efficiency.
Remember when kitchen appliances were these huge standalone units that took much of the space and just served a single purpose? Well, this time is gone, and 2023 now welcomes new technology and revolution.
Smart appliances will not just help improve your kitchen’s functionality but also save time, space, and energy. Here are some of the smart appliances that are already causing waves:
- Interactive cooktops: Cooking has never been this fun! With interactive cooktops, they can guide you through recipes, change the temperature based on what you are preparing, and even provide some visuals! Looks like a dream, right? Well, this is the reality today.
- Smart refrigerators: Imagine getting reminded when you are running low on groceries, or getting a recipe recommendation based on what you have left in your fridge. This is a massive game-changer! Some start refrigerators also come integrated with music to enhance your entertainment while preparing meals.
- Integrated dishwashers: Why wash dishes when you can be watching your favorite TV show? Dishwashers have also seen a massive upgrade with features like automatic detergent dispensers, and WiFi connectivity for easier remote control.
- Smart ovens: Can you imagine preheating your oven while still on the road coming back home? Yes, that’s now possible! You can actually use your smartphone to do this and access several settings to control the temperature of your oven from any location. And if this doesn’t sound exciting enough, some ovens now come with inbuilt cameras to check your food without opening them! Such a convenience!
Open shelving is about displaying your favorite dishes and pans while making it easier to access them when you need them.
The good thing about this design is that it brings a more approachable feel to your kitchen. Even with the guests using your kitchen, they don’t have to be asking for everything. A simple look and they find what they need. You can also arrange things differently based on your mood or what you will be preparing for the coming days.
The kitchen is no longer a place just for cooking. The kitchen has slowly become a place with multifunctional capabilities; dining area, storage, and even your partial workspace or a busy cooking day. And all these are possible due to the introduction of a multifunctional kitchen island. The kitchen islands can serve a food preparation area, your dining table, and a storage facility when you add a few cabinets beneath it.
Lighting isn’t just a necessity in the living room but the kitchen as well. Most modern designs keep lighting in mind when selecting the paints, flooring, and window spaces, to ensure maximum lighting.
With just enough lighting in your kitchen, you can easily create a bold, and artistic statement to reflect your style and personality.
One thing that is making a comeback when it comes to lighting is the chandeliers. These, though, aren’t your grandmother’s chandeliers. The latest ones are innovative, and made with rare materials to serve a single purpose of illuminating specific kitchen sections such as the island and dining tables.
Other introductions are pendant lights which can really define a kitchen’s ambience by providing enough lighting.
If the idea of uncluttered kitchen design appeals to you, then the idea of hidden appliances will be much welcomed by you. The beauty lies in integrating these appliances behind the cabinet doors and letting them match perfectly with the rest of the design. Refrigerators, panel-ready dishwashers, warming drawers, and microwave drawers are good examples of hidden appliances.
Ready for a Chicago kitchen remodeling project? Before even choosing a Chicago general contractor for the job, you need to choose the best designs. Here are some tips to help you make a choice:
- Understand your needs: What do you use in your kitchen the most? Are you a passionate cook, or do you just need more storage in your kitchen? Do you love hosting home parties, or just love a simple lifestyle and a kitchen that can serve just a few family members? These questions are a great way to plan for a perfect kitchen lifestyle that fits your lifestyle.
- Choose the right appliances: When choosing your appliances, don’t just think of their functionality. Think of how they will integrate with the rest of the kitchen design.
- Stay true to your own style: Your kitchen should give a clear reflection of your own style. Do not fight it by trying to incorporate all the trends out there. Just pick what works for you, and what speaks for you!
- Consult a professional: There are several Chicago general contractors ready and willing to help you make a sound choice. With a myriad of choices at your disposal, they are the ones to go to when you need clarity.
As we wrap up, it’s clear that the kitchen is a place that has changed over time and now offers much functionality, innovation, and personal expression. In your next kitchen remodeling project in Chicago, do not be afraid to integrate all this in your kitchen, and prefer the latest trends that work for you! After all, it’s your kitchen…make it yours!